Vinranka - AVEQIA

AVEQIA BEVERAGE

Balland – Sancerre Blanc Grand Cuvée

History

This is a small family run producer where the daughters Isabelle and Elise are responsible for all parts of the wine production, from the vineyard to the cellar, but with some help from their parents Magali and Jean-Paul. The family owns 24 hectars of vineyards of which 20 hectars are Sauvignon blanc. It goes without saying that they work with respect for the nature but their wines are not yet certified as organic.

Winemaking

The grapes for this “Grande Cuvee”, made only especially fine vintages, are picked by hand from more than 45 years old vines growing on a chalky soil consisting of 60% Caillottes (hard limestone) and 40% Terres Blanche (lime marbled soil). After the harvest, grapes are driven directly to the press room. On arrival, the harvest is carefully checked and sorted. The grapes are then pressed and the grape must separated from the peel residues, then fermented under temperature control (15 to 18 ° C) and gentle stirred. 60% of the wine is stored in 600 liter, temperature controlled, new oak barrels. The remaining 40% of the wine is stored on steel tanks. Blending and bottling takes place 12 months after harvest.

Flavour profile

Fine and complex bouquet in a symphony of toasted brioche, mineral, exotic fruit and fresh herbs. The taste
is rich and generous with lovely texture and minerality. Aromas of
exotic fruits, like mango and pineapple with a honey-like finish.

PRODUCER 

Domaine Balland

COUNTRY
France

REGION

Loire

GRAPE VARIETY

100% Sauvignon blanc

VINTAGE
2017

PRODUCT CODE SYSTEMBOLAGET

This wine is sold as private import. Order through Systembolaget.

PRICE INCL. VAT
SEK 239:-

Private Dining

Gift Voucher

Interactive lunch and conference

Conference

Methodic innovation with precision